Dean/Director of College Counseling
Kents Hill School, a vibrant and diverse 9-PG boarding and day school is looking for a talented and forward thinking leader to head the College Counseling team and join the Senior Leadership Team of the School. It is an exciting time for Kents Hill as it approaches its bicentennial.
If you are interested in applying for the position, please answer the following questions so we can better understand if you will be a great fit for our senior team. Once the questions are reviewed, finalists will be asked to provide a resume and references prior to their campus visit.
- Describe one innovation you have enacted in your office or one you would like to try at Kents Hill School.
- Kents Hill currently offers AP classes. From your view as the Director of College Counseling would you advise: continue to offer AP; offer a different external curriculum (IB for example); or an internally moderated curriculum? What are the implications for the College Counseling team?
- There is a movement amongst independent schools to move toward the Mastery Transcript. Please share your views on the Mastery Transcript. From your viewpoint would you recommend being an early adopter or taking a “wait and see” attitude?
- Teenagers today are under extraordinary stress, unprecedented actually. In your role as Director of College Counseling what are the ways you would seek to alleviate the stress levels?
- What three words would others use to describe you as a leader? In three words, how would you describe yourself as a team member?
To be considered, email your answers to the above questions to Amy Wing, Assistant to the Head of School: email@example.com
Learn more about Kents Hill by viewing our Electronic Viewbook here!
Kents Hill School does not discriminate on the basis of an applicant’s race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age or any other characteristic protected by law.