Design & Project Manager
Reporting to the Director of Communications, the Design & Project Manager will be responsible for the development of visual design and user experience strategy for all marketing and editorial projects generated by the Communications Office and developing and managing, with the Director of Communications, the visual identity of the New Hampton School brand. In addition, the Design & Project Manager will oversee project management for office responsibilities including digital & print communications, social media strategy and engagement, relationships with print vendors, and other office initiatives.
• Principle designer for the School’s annual Magazine, Hamptonia, a 100-page magazine designed for alumni, current and prospective audiences.
• Manage the development of visual design and user experience strategy for all marketing and editorial projects generated by the Communications Office.
• Maintain timelines and work with individual departments to balance communication demands for the school and prioritize deadlines.
• Develop design strategies that supports brand positioning and messaging goals for the New Hampton School brand, programs and initiatives.
• Maintain the New Hampton School visual identity in all communications and set the standard of excellence across the School.
• Assist with the development of design and user experience for all channels including advising the New Hampton School website, print, emails, video, etc.
• Assist departments across the school to maintain a consistent approach to content presentation and design of internal and external materials.
• Work closely with the Alumni and Development Office and Admission Office to produce effective design strategies for reaching their constituents.
• Assist with the organization and implementation of major office initiatives including marketing campaigns, website development, strategy and market position.
• Work with internal departments on projects to procure content, provide suggestions on an accurate platform and/or medium(s) for distribution.
• Work with internal departments and external vendors to implement accurate timelines for project completion, prepare files for print or digital distribution, and maintain relationships.
• Collaborate with a Social Media team to maintain the school’s social media presence across multiple channels. In partnership, develop and execute social media plans throughout the year. Track and measure levels of engagement and conversion, and adapt social media strategies to reflect research findings.
• Manage graphic standards for all social media channels.
• Organize, oversee and monitor student volunteers and/or interns alongside the Director of Communications.
• Bachelors degree required; degree in marketing, communications, graphic design or related field preferred
• Exceptional written communication skills
• Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite; Expertise in InDesign and Photoshop
• Experience in Project Management
• Familiarity with Word Press, Square Space or other website platforms
• Experience with Social Media Channels including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter
• Be a resourceful, collaborative team player with a proven ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
• Attend faculty meetings, community meetings & support the Communications Office as needed at school events
• Office hours are Monday-Friday 8am-4:30pm with occasional evenings and weekends
• Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
This is a full-time, year-round administrative position, exempt from overtime, reporting to the Director of Communications. Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to Katelyn Crawford (email@example.com), Human Resources Manager, by January 15, 2017. Please be prepared to submit additional sample work should your candidacy be of interest to the school.