Assistant Director of Annual Giving
Position: Assistant Director of Annual Giving
Reports to: Director of Leadership and Annual Giving
Updated: January 10, 2019
- In collaboration with the Director of Leadership and Annual Giving, manage an annual plan, including marketing themes and appeals, in order to achieve the annual giving goals.
- Work with the Young Alumni Relations Coordinator to create a cohesive plan for young alumni giving and student philanthropy programs to include Senior Gift, Giving Tuesday, and other philanthropy related events.
·In collaboration with the Director of Alumni and Parent programs, assume responsibility for Reunion giving programs to encourage participation in fundraising initiatives.
- Mange the student caller program with the support of the Young Alumni Relations Coordinator.
·Recruit, train, manage, inform and recognize all annual fund volunteers appropriately.
·Manage individually, or through the use of staff or volunteers, the Alumni and Parent Annual Fund volunteers, including cultivation, solicitation and stewardship, ensuring consistent contact during the year.
- Maintain database records to reflect volunteer needs and programs.
·Prepare, design and write all content for the Gift Report in the Hamptonia.
- In collaboration with Communications, create two annual e-newsletters to showcase donor impact.
·Coordinate all Giving Society recognition including Belfry Society acknowledgement.
Communications and Publications
- Assist in the creation of communications for all Annual Fund programs in conjunction with Director of Communications.
- Assist with all online communications and web updates to accurately and meaningfully keep the New Hampton community up to date with all pertinent Annual Fund information.
- Manage the creative use of social media platforms for fundraising efforts.
- Competency in Raiser’s Edge database (training provided).
- Gift Processing
- Manage a budget of roughly $25,000 for the Annual Fund.
- Provide excellence in Customer Service to include: 24-hour turnaround on return phone calls and a positive, assisting attitude at all meetings, visits, and public events.
- Attendance at all phone-a-thons, some night and weekend work expected including Powder Keg, Alumni Winter Weekend, Reunion and occasional off-campus events
- Perform other duties as assigned.