North Yarmouth Academy (NYA) seeks a dynamic and experienced candidate to serve as Athletic Director (AD), beginning in July 2019. The AD will oversee a Middle and Upper School athletic program consisting of 21 varsity sports and 26 junior varsity and middle school programs. The Academy and its athletic teams are members of the Maine Principals Association except for the boys and girls ice hockey program, which participates in the NEPSAC Conference. The ideal candidate will possess prior experience leading a high school athletic program, experience in school administration, and a master’s degree in a related field. The successful candidate will fully support the mission of NYA, possess strong interpersonal skills, model and promote good sportsmanship, and embrace a collaborative work environment in a dynamic toddler through grade 12 school. The AD reports directly to the Head of School and is a member of the senior administrative team. The position is full-time, benefit eligible.
Major responsibilities include:
- Manage the entire athletic program including administering all interscholastic policies, scheduling contests, and all logistics associated with contests.
- Oversight and supervision of the athletic staff including coaches, assistant AD, Lower School physical education teacher, and athletic trainer.
- Participate in the development of the athletic budget and oversee athletic finances.
- Work with the Director of Facilities, Ice Arena Manager, and CFO to recommend facility improvements and preparation of facilities for athletic seasons.
- Oversee the upkeep and distribution of athletic equipment and uniforms.
- Oversee events related to the athletic program including athletic recognition evenings, NYA open house, new student orientation, homecoming athletic contests, and player recognition.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject line “NYA Athletic Director.”
North Yarmouth Academy is an independent, college preparatory, coeducational school for toddlers to students in grade twelve located in Yarmouth, Maine. Yarmouth is situated on the beautiful Maine coast, 10 miles from Portland, Maine and less than two hours from Boston. Since 1814, NYA has fostered integrity, character, and intellect in its students. For more information, visit the website at www.nya.org.