2019-2020 School Year
Starting July 1, 2019
JOB TITLE: Communications Manager
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced, highly motivated communication professional to become part of a close-knit, creative advancement and communication team that supports a small, independent school community with a long tradition of educational excellence and set in the beautiful White Mountains of New Hampshire.
The Communications manager oversees all aspects of communications and marketing for the School, serving development and alumnae/i needs, admission needs, parent needs, and internal needs. The manager will serve as School’s primary communications staff responsible for content and management of all social media and print materials. The manager will possess strong writing, project management and technical skill required to effective meet multiple goals and deadlines.This is a full-time, 12-month administrative position with some evening and weekend hours as needed. The Communications Manager reports to the Director of Development and Alumnae/i and serves on the administrative leadership team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Write content for online and print communications;
- Oversee the design, development, and production of all school print publications (including Echoes – the School’s alumnae/i magazine);
- Oversee the content and design of our website and electronic communications (including the monthly Telemark), ensuring current and engaging content;
- Develop and implement a communications/marketing plan incorporating consistent themes that support the School's strategic plan/initiatives and priorities;
- Manage - with stakeholders- the School's communications messaging to consistently reflect and convey its established identity and mission;
- Maintain and coordinate a communications calendar to ensure thoughtful coordination of communications from various departments;
- Work closely with the Development Office to implement a clear communications plan for fundraising;
- Work closely with the Admission Office to prepare materials in support of recruitment and retention;
- Serve as the on-campus editor for a variety of publication needs, be it electronic or printed materials;
- Oversee the School’s social media accounts/presence through content generation and advertising;
- Promote the School in traditional and online media outlets;
- Monitor and increase the School's presence online through search engine optimization;
- Participate fully in the life of the School including attending (and communicating about) special events, School functions, and other activities.
- Demonstrated experience in communications and marketing at an educational institution (or other non-profit organization);
- Ability to think creatively and strategically with an entrepreneurial spirit;
- Outstanding writing and copy-editing skills;
- Facility and experience with management and content for social media platforms at work;
- Experience with a variety of digital communications platforms and website content management systems;
- Facility with photography and video development;
- Ability to develop strong professional relationships with diverse constituents;
- Ability to effectively manage a demanding workload, multiple projects and competing priorities; possess strong attention to detail, excellent organizational skills, and an ability to work well under pressure to meet deadlines;
- Ability to communicate and work in a team environment;
- Experience with boarding school preferred;
- A passion for the education of young people;
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office, GMail and Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge.
- Assist with student life/residential life.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Five or more years experience in communications or a related field is preferred;
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree.
- The ability to travel to meetings
- The ability to work a variety of hours including evenings and weekends
- Ability to lift or move up to 25 pounds
Candidates should send cover letter and resume via email to Scott Hunt, Director of Development and Alumnae/i (firstname.lastname@example.org).