Director of Human Resources
Director of Human Resources
Kents Hill School is at a pivotal moment in its almost 200-year-old history. Our Head of School has brought a clear educational vision and a strengthened focus on developing the whole student through a balanced, intentional, and purposeful curriculum. Our 225 students grades 9-Academic Gap Year hail from 25 states and over 20 countries. This small size allows for a transformative educational experience rooted in community, character, and values.
Kents Hill is a community that deeply values the people who work here and is looking for a Director of Human Resources who will serve as the “Chief People Officer.” This position will drive the recruitment, hiring, and support of a highly competent team focused on bettering the lives of young people. The Director of Human Resources will deliver the highest standards of customer service for all employee-related matters. They will exhibit a combination of strong people skills, knowledge of legal compliance and best practices, and a keen attention to detail. This position will champion our mission, vision, and values and will partner with senior leaders in the organization to hire and develop best-in-class people. The Director will be a member of the Senior Leadership Team and will be a key partner and a direct report to the Head of School.
Candidates possessing the following are encouraged to apply:
- Bachelor’s degree with HR Certification (SHRM/PHR/SPHR) highly desirable
- Experience building and maintaining deep and diverse pools of excellent candidates
- Belief that a culture of respect, inclusion, and excellence is a necessary part of a workplace environment
- Focus on promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion in all aspects of human resources
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communicator
- Detail-oriented with organization and project management skills
- Solutions-oriented approach that is both creative and strategic
- Comfortable with conflict and able to be both direct and empathetic
- Assurance of absolute confidentiality, sensitivity, and integrity in all employee-related matters
- Strong emotional intelligence, self-reflective, and able to collaborate with a wide range of personalities
NOTE: On-campus housing is not available for this position. However, one of the excellent benefits of working at Kents Hill School is full tuition remission for your child(ren).
Equal Opportunity Employer: Kents Hill School is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.
How to Apply: Please send letter of interest and resume to HR@kentshill.org.