Director of Plant and Facilities
Director of Plant and Facilities
Kents Hill School is at a pivotal moment in its almost 200-year-old history. Our new Head of School has brought a clear vision and a strengthened focus on excellence, quality, and customer experience. This position will provide strategic oversight for all plant, facilities, and campus operations including responsibility for ensuring excellence in administration, management, collaboration, and technical proficiency within a complex and demanding residential environment. They will partner closely with and advise school leadership on a number of operational projects with a special focus on outcomes and deliverables.
- Plan, schedule, and supervise regular and preventative maintenance and repair of campus buildings and grounds
- Implement and oversee the operation and accuracy of assets database for work orders
- Manage Maintenance and Housekeeping including implementing policies and guidelines
- Advise school leadership on facilities projects, schedules, energy, sustainability and other programs
- Work closely with Head of School and others on housing moves and residence improvements
- Overseeing project management and budgeting including: internal and external labor, vendors, RFP, invoices, contractors, operating, and capital budgets
- Campus safety, compliance, and planning and execution of all major campus renovation and construction projects
The ideal candidate will have:
- Demonstrated success in timely, efficient project management and budget oversight
- Superior communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage, motivate, mentor, communicate clearly with all levels of staff and trades people
- Knowledge of all phases of physical plant operation, maintenance and repair, planning, scheduling, management, and administration of the plant
- Strong knowledge of skilled trade work requirements, including plumbing, electrical, and carpentry, HVAC, masonry, roofing, and other building systems; preferably Maine licensure
- Ability to manage multiple projects on a daily and weekly basis
- Knowledge and experience with federal, state and local regulations/compliance, safety, fire, construction, public access, building codes/standards
- 7+ years of relevant experience, B.S. degree
- Must be able to respond to 24-hour emergency on-call service and possess a valid driver’s license
- Prior experience working in an educational setting, either in private, public, secondary, college or university or similar environment is preferred Flexible start date available.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Kents Hill School is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.
How to Apply: Please send letter of interest and resume to HR@kentshill.org