Finance/Business Operations Assistant
FINANCE/BUSINESS OPERATIONS ASSISTANT
Contract Period: Full-time, year-round position, 40 hours/week, non-exempt
Supervisors: Finance Administrator
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree preferred; Associate’s degree required and 3-4 years of business office/finance experience or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must be highly organized and detail-oriented; have the ability to multitask; possess excellent interpersonal skills; discreetly handle confidential information; proficient in financial software, applications, and Google and Microsoft Office Suites.
The Finance/Business Operations Assistant provides administrative and clerical support for the Finance Office.
- Administers annual scholarship program.
- Oversees facilities usage for events to include scheduling, contract administration, invoicing and coordinating with other service departments.
- Provides administrative support for the property and casualty insurance program to include claims reporting and follow-up and the annual insurance renewal application process.
- Assists in the annual budget preparation providing administrative support to the Finance Office and department budget managers.
- Provides administrative support for facility operations to include budget management, energy management and capital forecasting.
- Works independently on projects while handling a wide variety of tasks and confidential matters with discretion.
- Researches, prioritizes, and follows-up on issues and concerns addressed to the Finance Office in collaboration with the Finance Administrator.
- Provides support and back-up for Accounts Payable to include vendor maintenance, expense report reimbursement, purchasing and purchase card program.
- Maintains records and filing systems, manage calendars, and answer incoming calls for Finance Office.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Finance Administrator.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of all activities duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. These may change at any time with or without notice