Head of School
The Board of Trustees for The Riverside School is seeking a Head of School with significant leadership skills and experience who will embrace the mission of the school and who possesses the personal qualities to unite all stakeholders in further enhancing an already strong community.
The school is a small pre-K-8th grade co-educational day school with approximately 110 students and 25 faculty and staff. Class size is typically 12 students. The Riverside School features a challenging curriculum that includes a strong visual and creative arts program, classical and modern languages, experiential science classes and labs, an accelerated math curriculum, creative writing and classical literature. Students are offered swimming, skating, skiing and soccer programs. The Riverside School also provides opportunities for individual music lessons and extended day programs, in addition to various club activities. At all grade levels students participate in a musical production, field trips, and have opportunities to develop and apply leadership.
The Riverside School is grounded in the covenants of active learning, patient leadership, engaged citizenship and a supportive community for all. The Board of Trustees is a highly dedicated group of educators, parents and community members who are committed to thoughtful growth, strategic planning and continued development of best educational practices.
The successful candidate will evidence:
- Collaborative leadership;
- Effective fiscal and administrative management;
- Admissions, marketing and communications, and development experience;
- Knowledge and understanding of curriculum development and teaching methodologies;
- Experience in the recruitment, supervision and evaluation of faculty and staff;
- Skills in building relationships with staff, students, alumni, parents and community;
- Facilities management;
- Strong written and oral communication;
- Experience with technology in the classroom and administration; and
- Be passionately committed to a quality education for all students and dedicated to the success of The Riverside School.
Candidates interested in the position should submit a cover letter, resume, personal statement/education philosophy, and a list of five references that includes email addresses and phone numbers by Friday, January 10, 2020.
Please address any inquiries and/or expressions of interest to Laurie Singer, Search Consultant for The Riverside School, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 802-578-2395.