History Teacher for the 2020-21 School Year
The Putney School is a secondary boarding school in rural Vermont and a leader in progressive education. Everything we do here is part of the curriculum and a diverse faculty and staff are crucial to the success and continued relevance of our community. It is our expectation that each employee will offer their services as necessary to ensure the success of our endeavors and will have the well-being of the school as a whole and of each individual student in mind at all times.
- Academic teaching including interdisciplinary collaborations and considerable independent project work with students
- Duties in the work program, athletics or another area of expertise outside the classroom
- Residential duties which include being a resident dorm head
- Advisory duties to 6-8 students
The ideal candidate:
- Has interest and demonstrated ability in teaching and supporting adolescents, sense of humor, flexibility, energy, collegiality, and the ability to work effectively with a team
- Is able to teach to a wide range of student abilities and levels; is continually striving to improve cross-cultural competencies
- Has skills and experience in progressive pedagogy
- Bachelor’s degree in history or related field; Masters’ in history or a related field preferred
- Minimum of two years’ teaching experience, preferably with high school students
Please send your resume, a letter of interest, and names of two references to email@example.com. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis and will be reviewed until the position is filled.