Human Resources Assistant
HUMAN RESOURCES ASSISTANT
Contract Period: Full-time, year-round position, 40 hours/week, non-exempt
Supervisors: Human Resources Director
Qualifications: AS or AA in related field with 3-5 years Human Resources experience or equivalent combination of education and experience. Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, proficient in Google and Microsoft Office Suites; high level of discretion and confidentiality; initiative; ability to multitask in a fast paced environment; excellent teamwork skills.
Summary: The Human Resources Assistant provides administrative and clerical support for the department.
- Assist with day to day operations of the Human Resource functions and duties.
- Support recruitment and on-boarding activities; i.e., preparing personnel requisitions and postings, scheduling interviews, handling logistics, and assisting with pre-screening candidates and the coordination of job fairs.
- Assist with various human resource projects to include open enrollment; updating the course catalog and employee handbooks; tracking employment contracts, work agreements and handbook acknowledgments, etc.
- Process documentation and prepare regularly scheduled and special reports relating to Human Resource activities; i.e., headcount reports, performance evaluations, training records, etc.
- Coordinate I-9 documentation.
- Prepare and distribute appropriate paperwork pertaining to employment verifications for educational and reference purposes.
- Maintain and organize electronic and manual personnel files.
- Prepare and submit First Report of Injury to workers’ compensation carrier.
- Prepare purchase requisitions.
- Responsible for directing telephone calls and visitors.
- Serve as back up support for payroll when needed.
- Perform additional duties as assigned by Director of Human Resources
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of all activities duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. These may change at any time with or without notice.