Social Studies Teacher
Founded in 1978 in Putney, VT, Greenwood School is the premier school for young men, grades 6 through 12, who have learning, attention and executive function challenges. Greenwood leverages its small size to deliver innovative research-based programs that empower students with the knowledge, talents, life skills and confidence they need for success, both socially and academically. At Greenwood students discover their unique strengths in a setting where quality education and character development are nurtured by a highly-supportive faculty who go beyond what is expected and deliver excellence, through experiential activities that put learning into a relevant context.
Social Studies Faculty – Responsibilities
The Greenwood School is seeking applicants for the full-time position of Social Studies Instructor, beginning with the 2019-20 academic year. The ideal teaching candidate possesses a B.A. or an advanced degree in history and has experience teaching classes in World Cultures, American History and history electives. Greenwood seeks candidates who are dedicated school people, engaged learners, and who have an understanding of teaching students with diagnosed learning differences. Greenwood’s classes are small in number, 4-6 students, which allows for the integration of technology, project based learning, experiential opportunities and understanding the importance of collaborating with colleagues on departmental and school-wide objectives.
Greenwood faculty, in addition to teaching in their academic discipline, play an important role in the life of the school. Our teachers are often dorm parents, involved in afternoon activities and athletics, are faculty advisors to three students and participate in our weekend programming.
The Greenwood School appreciates and celebrates diversity and we are committed to providing a respectful and safe environment for all community members.
• A bachelor’s degree or a degree of higher education.
• An individual who has taught and interacted with students with diagnosed learning differences.
• Superior executive skills and the ability to work with a high level of consistency and integrity.
• Highly-developed communication skills, both verbal and written.
• A strong collaborator with school professionals
• Knows or has the ability to quickly learn communication systems such as Blackbaud.
• A sense of humor and optimism along with a faith in students’ ability to learn and grow.
• A clear understanding of the independent boarding school model and a willingness to embrace all responsibilities associated with this model.
Greenwood School is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sexual orientation, ethnic origin, sex, gender identity or expression, religion or disability in its employment policies.
Type: Full Time – Faculty
Category: Social Studies
Preferred Education: Bachelor’s or higher degree of education
Please submit your cover letter, resume and references to firstname.lastname@example.org