Upper School History Teacher
The Derryfield School is a coeducational, independent day school serving grades 6-12, inspiring bright, motivated young people to be their best and providing them with the skills and experiences needed to be valued, dynamic, confident, and purposeful members of any community.
The Derryfield School seeks an enthusiastic and dedicated Upper School History Teacher to begin in late August 2019.
The candidate must have educational background and interest in American history and the willingness to serve the Dept. in the areas of Modern Asia and/or Modern European history, possess strong interpersonal, leadership, and communication skills, and have the desire to work collaboratively with colleagues. Responsibilities of the position include a combination of classroom teaching, student advising, and coaching (or its equivalent).
The ideal candidate will be an educator with:
- A Bachelor’s degree or above in history or a related field
- Three to five years of successful classroom teaching experience
- Experience with project based learning and using technology in the classroom
- A proven commitment to the development of young people as individual learners and community members
- A track record of collaboration with colleagues.
Salary for this position will be competitive for similar positions for day schools in New England. For information about the school, please visit our website at www.derryfield.org. EOE.
Applicants interested in joining our dynamic, forward-thinking community of talented, compassionate educators should send a cover letter, resume, and three written references to Human Resources, Debbie Bremberg at email@example.com.